Bakes & More   +  yummy

new blog design

If you are at all observant, you may have noticed a couple of changes around here. I am so happy to be unveiling my new blog design today!

If you can't remember what it used to look like (I already have forgotten...), here's a little reminder:

It wasn't particularly offensive but it hardly set the world on fire and it just didn't feel like it somewhere where you might actually want to hang out for a while.

I was so excited to be working with the incredibly talented Shay Bocks on the site. Shay has designed some of my favourite blogs and is so super-nice, especially when dealing with someone like me who has an endless stock of stupid questions.

One of my main problems was that I didn't really know what I wanted in terms of design, I just knew the feeling that I wanted to evoke in people when they visited they site. Shay took my ridiculously wide brief (I want urban! And pretty! And vintage! And modern! And simple!) and managed to condense it down into something that I love. I love the little touches of colour against the fairly neutral colour palate, I love the clever touches of a bakery chalkboard in the header and I really love that the site now has its own identity.

Huge thanks must go to Shay - this whole process has been so easy and so painless (for me at least...) and I'm so excited about the new design. I hope you all like it too!

(PS, I know there are a couple of glitches that I'm still ironing out especially with some of the old posts and their weirdly sized pictures but please bear with me!)