Bakes & More   +  photography

september in a photo a day

I'm finding it very hard to think of a way to start this post that doesn't lament the rather speedy passing of the year and my (and most people's) inability to comprehend that we're now in October. The home straight. Every now and then I get a little flutter of excitement. Winter! Birthdays! Christmas!
And then I realise that I'm wishing away the year. I have a bad habit of doing that; of focussing on a destination and not enjoying the journey.
One thing that I'm grateful to this monthly photography challenge for is the way that it has made me appreciate each and every day for what it is. Every day I have to find a moment to take a picture, to document the details of my life that might otherwise go undocumented. That on September 6th, I bought a beautiful bunch of flowers from Whole Foods in Venice. The sunset on the 8th. Looking out over the sea of crosses at Arlington West on September 11th.
By the end of the year, I will have 366 of these moments documented. For the photographs from previous months, please click the links below:
january // february // march // april // may // june // july // august

you now // father // far awayevery day // in my mail box // bright

natural // at night // something you do most weekendsblack and white // hero // together

table // favourite // first thing you seestrange // in my fridge // price (very tenuous I have to say...)

underneath // man made // sometimesup // before bedtime // three things

frame // near // love/hatea good thing // errand // you, then