Bakes & More   +  travel

oh i do like to be beside the seaside...

I cannot tell you what a shock to the system it is to be home and back at work. Our flat seems so cramped and dark. Every time one of us turns over in our small double bed, we end up hitting the other in the face. While we were away, we would wake up early without an alarm and enjoy every moment of the morning. Today I couldn't press 'snooze' enough times.

Because I am so grumpy today (and not without good cause) and because I'd like to close my eyes and pretend I'm still on the beach, I'm sharing with you some pictures from out and about in LA.
We were based in Venice, about 10 minutes walk from the beach and just off Abbot Kinney Boulevard, home to some of the best restaurants and coffee shops in the city. A short drive takes you to Santa Monica, one of my favourite places in the whole world and Malibu where you can spend hours driving up and down the coast trying to spot the houses of famous people. To the south, you have the beaches of Orange County with their white sand and sparkling water.

For this ocean-loving girl, it was pretty much perfect.