Bakes & More   +  supper

savoury buckwheat crepes

I think it's pretty clear from the recipes that I post that I like quick, easy and simple food.

I especially like quick, simple and easy food during the week. It's rare that both my boyfriend and I are home before 8pm and so we rely on meals that come together quickly and are flexible enough to cope with the somewhat variable fullness of our fridge.
One of my very favourite meals is a simple savoury pancake, filled with whatever goodness needs to be used up. Served alongside a salad, it's all that we really need in the summer. The batter needs a couple of hours to rest ideally so I like to whip up a batch the night before and leave it in the fridge until we need it. That means that I can have dinner on the table in a matter of minutes; perfect for when we have pressing business of an evening like holiday planning.

I'm delighted therefore to be sharing a recipe for these delicious buckwheat crepes over at Rachel Cooks today. Rachel had the ace idea of month-long party to celebrate the humble pancake - there have been some amazing creations already and I was so thrilled that Rachel asked me to be a part of the pancake fun. I should also add that Rachel, quite apart from being lovely, is the most insanely organised person that I've ever met. I love her.
PS. Rachel is also giving away a KitchenAid stand mixer as part of the pancake party this week. It's a really pretty one too.
PPS. Lots of my favourite bloggers are taking part in a day of raising awareness for slave-free tomatoes in the US organised by The Giving Table. I've written about this issue before and it's such a worthy cause that I urge you to go and read all the wonderful posts and follow the campaign on twitter and facebook.
PPPS. In a piece of shameless self-promotion, there's an interview with me over on Love Your Larder. I come across as a mixture of incredibly dull and slightly unhinged which is, sadly, a rather accurate reflection of my personality